Monday, January 13, 2014

Speak The Truth And Everyone Will Hate You, Unless It's Funny.

It's weird.
The way things played out.
I was so sheltered.
I never did anything wrong in the worlds eye.
I was fake, but I never felt alone.

On the outside, I looked like shinning gold
But on the inside I was nothing more than mere pyrite
But oh, the people loved me
I wasn't kind. I wasn't humble.
I was fake, but I never felt alone.

Something happened within me
I was sick of seeing other people's pain
My heart had a burden when someone was hurting
That feeling... It found me
So I acted on it.

Now I try on a daily basis to put others first
Oh, of course it's a struggle because no one is perfect
But I try.
And the world looks down on me
I'm real, and so alone.

I tell people the truth
And they hate that about me
I call them out when they are hurting someone
So they tear me down
I'm real, and so alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment